Tuesday, October 12, 2010

another explanation

In writing this blog, I've taken a few liberties. My father was only 20 when he wrote this and as far as I recall, never finished high school. The emendations I'm making mostly concern punctuation. I've added lots of commas to break up some sentences, and I've even added periods and started new sentences once in a while.

What strikes me throughout, however, was his spelling. It seems impeccable so far. Whatever they did in those Brooklyn Public Schools in the 1920s must have worked.

On a personal note, one of the things that this process is doing is getting me in touch with him. When he died, I was his age when he wrote this, and we never had much chance to discuss these events. I do recall that he was very proud of his service in the CCCs.

No comments:

Post a Comment